Tuesday, December 29, 2009

North Dakota Metal Cabs- a lot of before and after

These cabinets from ND that my cousin Bob and his wife Niki so generously gave to us are just plain cool, so I'm just going to post a whole bunch of pictures of them of before and after:


The cabinets were in fantastic condition, with very little rust.


You can see on the cabinet on the left the fade work in the paint, it was very cool. I think my uncle Milo had taken these to an auto body shop to be painted. We liked the green, but a paint job updated them for our more modern kitchen.
Goodbye Green! Hello, white:

This is a view looking down on a lower cabinet. What I love about these cabinets are these huge, deep drawers. Everything fits, evening funnels and measuring cups!

Ready powdercoating, who did the paint job, saved EVERY little screw and hinge. They did an AMAZING job. I couldn't believe that they had saved all of the hardware. And I'm glad they did, where would have we found replacement parts for these cabinets!

Doors, ready to be reassembled:

And the first cabinet to be installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment