Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Food Construction: A Departure


"Oyster, Lemongrass, Sesame"

Dan and I do work on things...other than the house. Here are some of my favorite pictures of two weekends ago, when we attempted to reconstruct some of our favorite dishes from alinea. I attempted to make this about home construction, so that it fits in with the blog theme! I mean, at least Dan is using a blow torch in one picture, that should count...

Next we made a tuna sashimi:


with this gorgeous roe:


Dan made a Guinness jello to pair with beef short ribs:


Yuba! What is, it, you ask? It's the skin from heated soymilk (I think)... a long process, but a delicious texture and lightly sweet taste! We wrapped ours around shrimp and sprinkled with togorashi


Power tools! Dan torches a piece of cedarwood to lend a smoky, woody flavor to griled fish, mushrooms and dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment